READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS DOCUMENT HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND WILL LIMIT OR ELIMINATE YOUR ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
In consideration for being permitted membership to the Canadian Ringsport Association, hereinafter referred to as (“CRA”), I understand and acknowledge that by signing below, that I am legally agreeing to the statements in the following:
1. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I acknowledge that all aspects of French Ring are inherently dangerous that carries with them the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and death, and property damage or property loss. I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether I and/or my dog(s) are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in any CRA sanctioned event(s), hereinafter referred to as (“the Event”), and I attest and certify that I and/or my dog(s) are or will be sufficiently fit and physically trained to participate in the Event, which I elect to enter. I certify that, any human or animal healthcare provider has not advised me and/or my dog(s), against participation in the Event. I and/or my dog(s) have no physical or medical condition that would endanger my or my dog(s) or others if I participate in the Event, or would interfere with my or my (dogs) ability to safely participate in the Event. I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of me and/or my dog(s) competition equipment and my conduct in connection with the Event. I understand and acknowledge that there may be vehicle or pedestrian traffic at the Event and I assume the risk of this and agree to participate under these circumstances. I also assume any and all other risks associated with participating in this Event, including but not limited to the following: dog bites, dog attacks, dog scratches, falls, illness and/or sickness, dangers of collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, other participants, and fixed objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment; and hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers; dangers and hazards associated with water; and weather conditions. I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of negligent acts, omissions, and/or carelessness of the Released Parties, as defined herein. I understand that I and/or my dog(s) will be participating in the Event at my own risk, that I am responsible for the risk of participation in the Event.
2. I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the CRA and its employees, servants, agents, volunteers, and Board of Directors, hereinafter referred to as (“the Released Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities of every kind, demands, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, aggravated, punitive, special and/or consequential), losses (economic and non-economic), and causes of action, of any kind or any nature, which I have or may have in the future, including court costs, lawyer’s fees and litigation expenses (individually and collectively, the “Claims”) that may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event or my traveling to or from the Event, including my death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, negligence, property/chattel damage and damages of any kind, property theft, and Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at the Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses, or veterinary expenses even if such Claims are caused by the negligent acts, omissions, or the carelessness of the Released Parties.
3. I FURTHER COVENANT AND AGREE NOT TO SUE and/or commence an Action or Application against any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made by me or other individuals or entities, for liabilities assessed against the Released Parties, including but not limited to court costs, lawyer’s fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Agreement, my breach or failure to abide by any of the Event’s rules, and/or my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
4. I AGREE to be responsible and assume liability for any and all costs incurred as a result of my participation in the Event, not covered by my insurance, including but not limited to, medical care and treatment, ambulance services, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services or costs associated with damage to chattel. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from all liability for such costs.
5. I UNDERSTAND that when I am at the Event regardless of the location that I will, at all times, keep my dog under my physical control. An exception to physical control will be made during the time(s) when I am receiving training, direction to train, or are trialing my dog at the Event. Any damages resulting from my failure, omission, action, inaction, or negligence shall be solely my responsibility regardless if it gives rise to damages or loss of my chattel or actionable rights of another because of my failure, omission, action, inaction, or negligence.
6. I UNDERSTAND AND CERTIFY that if I am participating in the Event as a Decoy or Homme Assistant that I am of sound medical, psychological and physical condition to perform such a role or task. I understand that a Decoy or Homme Assistant is extremely dangerous and hazardous to my health. I understand that I will have dogs biting, scratching, clawing, and attacking me, and I understand the result could be minor and serious bodily injury, paralysis, infection, permanent disability and/or death. I understand that by undertaking the role of Homme Assistant or Decoy I have had the opportunity to seek a medical opinion from a duly qualified and currently licensed medical professional who is qualified to proffer such an opinion indicating that I possess the appropriate medical, psychological, and physical capabilities to properly perform the role of a Decoy or Homme Assistant. I hereby warrant and represent that I shall not attempt to subvert the medical authorization, if demanded by Event Management, by way of negligence, willful blindness, omission, misrepresentation, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, deceit or trickery.
7. I UNDERSTAND that this document shall be read as a whole and the provisions, terms, conditions, and or warranties SHALL be construed together and be interpreted by their plain and ordinary meaning.
8. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND if any provisions, terms, conditions, and or warranties of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason, unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. I also agree that any Action or Application shall be bound by the laws and/or regulations of the Province of Ontario and commenced in the same.